What we’re about
The Terminal City Legal Collective provides training and legal support for grassroots mobilizations in Vancouver and the Lower Mainland.
The Terminal City Legal Collective supports political activists while helping advance the goals of social justice movements by conducting legal trainings and operating a hotline for arrested protesters.
The Terminal City Legal Collective also works with a number of lawyers who can assist in the arrest and detention process as needed and if sufficient notice is provided.
When the Crown prosecutes activists, the Terminal City Legal Collective can consult with defendants and affiliated organizations to help establish effective legal, political and media strategies.
The Terminal City Legal Collective operates from the following core values:
1. Centering solidarity and collective approaches in the defense of movements, activists and grassroots organizing.
2. Building practices of mutual aid by providing legal support and demystifying law and legal systems.
3. A commitment to anti-oppression politics (including recognizing who is most at risk and most targeted by criminalization and state repression).
4. Harnessing the criminalization of dissent to highlight everyday injustice.
5. Using the media to change dominant narratives and support grassroots organizing.
6. Recognizing and honouring Indigenous laws and practices.
Phone: (604) 876-1452